18 Jan 2017

Down the Rabbit Hole

Everyone wants to go down the Rabbit Hole with Alice. So we are going to create our very own Rabbits Hole card using pages from a vintage Alice in Wonderland book!

If you don't not have any old books, you can easily find them in charity shops, Jumble sales, and online auction sites.


I carefully removed 7 pages from an old vintage Alice in Wonderland book

I cut a circle in the first page and decreased the size of this circle on each following page.


I edged the inside of the circle with brown ink and adhered the pages on top of one another using clear 3D sticky pads

I watercoloured my stamped images of Alice, Leaves and a small Butterfly, and fussy cut each of them.



I mixed some Ruby Slippers paint into a spoonful of fine texture paste and swept it into one of the roses on the stencil.



I used a versamarker inkpad to stamp the script onto my 7x7 card blank. I used Teal luscious over the versamarker dabbing it lightly with a brush.

When the Rose was dry I brushed ultra thick Slap it on over it to give it a glossy finish.

I adhered Alice, the leaves and rose onto the Rabbit Hole

I adhered the rabbit hole onto the card and arranged the leaves and butterfly around it.


I added a finishing touch by stamping Alice onto the front of the envelope.I think I may add some colour to Alice...

There is lots more inspiration on the Indigoblu blog

Thank you so much for coming down the Rabbit Hole with me today. I hope to see you again soon.

I would like to enter my Down the Rabbit Hole into the following challenges

Craft Stamper Anything Goes

Artistic Stamper Anything Goes

Rubber Dance

Artistic Inspirations Anything Goes

Products Used


 

10 comments:

  1. So so cool! What a great idea. Love it. Thank you for playing along at the Rubber Dance challenge. xx Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool idea! Love the vintage look of your card, and I love finding old books for nothing in flea markets :) Thanks for entering your card to our January challenge at Rubber Dance ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of using old book pages too. I love how you created the rabbit hole. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rabbit hole is very cool. Great idea. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jannet, thanks so much for your comment on my stamped rainbow circle card at Addicted to Stamps and More. You asked if the MISTI helps with pressing down stamps. It sure does!! Especially bigger and background stamps. I don't have much strength in my hands and find it very hard to apply pressure evenly on stamp images. Because the stamp is on such a big, thick plastic surface plate on the MISTI, you can use your whole hand and body weight to help transfer the ink to paper. And if it doesn't quite work, you just ink up and press again!! I wasn't sure if I would use a MISTI and it took me a while to remember to use it instead of my stamping blocks but I use it for nearly all stamped images now and its changed my card making life. Also I shake a lot with my hands, so the MISTI takes away the chance of me shaking and ruining yet another pieces of card stock!! Definitely worth the investment!!! Hope this helps and by the way, your rabbit hole project is incredible, I wouldn't even know where to start to create something amazing like this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shona, it was so kind of you to answer my question. The Misti sounds great, just what I need. I will add it to my wish list!
      I enjoyed my visit to your blog and I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful work! I am following by email so I won't miss any ! Best wishes I hope 2017 will be a good year for you.

      Delete
  6. What a creative idea and good use of your book pages, I love the effect you have achieved Jannet.. I look forward to seeing more x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Genius way to use old books! I have quite the collection and I'm so going to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love anything using old books and this is just fab. Thank you for joining in this months challenge on The Artistic Stampers blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so incredibly lovely I don't even know where to start with my compliments. I'm totally pinning this project because it's GENIUS! Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware if you leave a comment, your name and link to your blog (if you have one) will be seen by anyone visiting this blog. . Thank you so much for visiting, I would love to read your comments, I really appreciate them!


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye