14 Jun 2015

Craft Stamper Take a Technique Texture






I have made this seaside 3d card/book for my sisters birthday this July.

I originally used a template to make the book, but.... well it sort of got a bit complicated and I ended up doing my own thing. Remarkably it still looks like a book!

I used Phyliss Harris's  gorgeous little girl and dog stamp to set my seaside theme. I created the background with dye inks, and then stamped boats and birds on separate card and cut them out. I dangled one seagull on some invisible thread. 

I made a white cliff with grunge paste and put a light house on top to keep the boats safe!

I used decoart texture sand paste to make the sand, it was an off white colour so I added some butterscotch ink to make it look more sandy.

Some white net made some swishy sea waves or sea horses as I always call them.

I made a beach scene to go on the front cover, and a background scene for the inside cover with my birthday message.


Thanks for looking, and happy summer time to everyone.  


I would like to enter this into Craft Stampers Take a Technique Texture

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous little project ..... so much detail. I love it! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love your project. All the little details are just stunning. :) I love Phyllis Harris stamps too they are my favourite! Thanks for joining us at the Craft Stamper Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so enchanting! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware if you leave a comment, your name and link to your blog (if you have one) will be seen by anyone visiting this blog. . Thank you so much for visiting, I would love to read your comments, I really appreciate them!


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye